Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Summer Trip #5: July 9-12 beach

Cason and Gigi catching some waves!!
Another road trip for the boys and me! Daddy stayed home to work, but, that's okay because we just went down to stay with Gigi and the Donovan kids for a few days. Mom is a nanny (and friend) for Caroline, Carson, and Ellie Donovan. She was at the kids' grandparents' beach house down in Murrell's Inlet while Bill and Angie (their parents) went on a cruise. Mom asked me to come down and stay for a few days...which Cason loved because he loves the beach and playing with the kids. We had a good time, but I didn't get to take that many pictures. We went out on the beach Wednesday for a couple of hours and then came in early for naps before we went to the Medieval Times dinner theater type thing. I don't recommend it, but, do what you like. I'd rather spend the money at the Hard Rock Theme Park next door to it. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday it rained off and on pretty much all day. We were able to get in some flea market time when it was overcast on Friday but the only thing is that we didn't get any rain back home in the upstate. Saturday morning when we were leaving it was golden sun shiny, of course. I had a good time with mom and just hanging out with the kiddos. I also got to see Amber a couple of times in between her long work hours. She lives there now, ya' know. I saw the condo she lives in and it is nice. I miss her so it was good to get a little time with her. I can tell she misses the boys most!!I will say that the Bradshaw house is very big and very nice. Right down the road from their beach house was a monstrosity with a motorcycle built into a glass wall in the living room....I was close to knocking on the door to see if I could go in and see it (we only could see through the window from the road).

No comments: